February 1, 2012

The PT Cruiser in the 2011 Pennsylvania March


Date: February 1, 2012
Day #: 317
Starting Weight: 369
Weight (As of 1/27): 216
Cardio Exercise: 90 Minutes
Food Intake: A

So today had several opportunities to demonstrate self-control and personal awareness. My car went to the shop today and I was told the prognosis is not good. Basically the motor is ruined, meaning a $2500-3000 repair job. So obviously it was a stressful day – and in the old days stress meant eating, but I was good and actually had very little food – I realized that my financial dilemma was such that I didn’t need to compound my troubles by feeling bad about the food intake as well. I actually ended up taking my frustrations out on the treadmill, exercising for 90 minutes, half in the morning before the news and half this evening while determining what I was going to do. After taking the wise counsel of my parents I have decided to get a new car, despite the fact that the Cruiser is only half-paid at this point. This entails car shopping which is in itself is stressful. Since this blog is not about car woes I will sum up that I met a stressful day with inner turmoil and not the container of Trader Joe’s Kettle Corn Cookies that were sitting on the counter during my time in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment